The Geothermal Power Plant Investors Association (JESDER) started its work by gathering the 29 pilot companies under a single roof. These companies which are owners of the EMRA Production License are aiming to generate geothermal energy with respect to international standards, as part of the evolution of renewable energy sources in Turkey.
The main objectives of JESDER are:
- Exploring geothermal energy sources and establishing cooperations among private sector foundation.
- Working in the area of the electricity production of these sources, founding production facilities and managing them.
- Studying on the regulations about geothermal energy, cooperating with state institutions and organizations about within subject, stating opinions and suggestions by these institutions.
- Increasing the cooperation among companies which operate in geothermal energy production, on the purpose of protecting the appropriate areas for geothermal energy generation and developing them and providing coordination among state institutions and organizations.
- Perform a work for increasing the proportion of geothermal energy sources in total energy generation in Turkey.